We are looking for a Care Assistant to join our team at Sunnyside Care Home, based in Chard, Somerset. The hours are negotiable but the individual is required to work various shifts including mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights.
Sunnyside provides personalised residential care for older people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing daily care support to help maintain and improve, where possible, independence and mobility
- Assist service users to carry out their activities of living e.g., dressing, eating and bathing
- Set the dining room, serve and clear meals to a high standard
- Provide in-between nourishment as instructed, including the service of tea/coffee etc. to visitors
- Assist residents to choose from the daily menu and report any comments on food and requests for particular dishes
- To clean all rooms clean and keep tidy at all-times ensuring a safe environment
- Ensure service users are treated with privacy, dignity and respect at all times
- Passion for delivering high quality care
- Able to work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Able to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- Ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. Costs to be borne by the applicant. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.